Thursday, September 15, 2011

The feeling of fulfillment :)
(Part 1)

I love to write. I write just about anything. I don't have a specific style in writing. I just love to write to express, share my views or sometimes to inform. I've been involved in writing since I was in elementary. I started as a news writer for our school paper then became the associate editor.

During high school, I became a feature writer and have actively participated in campus journalism and conferences. To God be the glory that I also won several awards and I also became the editor-in-chief of our school paper.


Summer before I entered college, I thought of taking up a degree in Journalism or Creative Writing. However, my father was against it. So to make the long story short, I ended up with a degree in Computer Science.


When I was in college I thought that I will no longer be able to pursue my dream of becoming a writer. But then I realized that if I really have the passion to write then I can write - it doesn't have to be my profession - because writing is more of a passion than a profession.
A professor of mine in college noticed that passion and he encouraged me to join journalism competitions. With God's grace I was able to succeed and once again became an editor-in-chief, this time for our college newsletter.

Reminiscing those things really makes me feel so fulfilled that somehow I was able to share something that God has given me. I know that I am NOT a perfect writer. My works are still subject to errors and corrections. But through the years, I've learned that what matters most is not how good you write but your intentions in writing and the amount of dedication your put to it.


My passion, dedication, love and respect for writing are the things that makes me continue in pursuing my dream. And I hope that I would still have the opportunity to write as long as I am able.


No comments: