Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Grad Student #Hugot

I was ENTERING the campus this afternoon (on my way to my class) when I realized that a lot of people were actually going the opposite direction - they were going OUT of the campus. Well, it's not because of any untoward incident inside the campus like bomb threat or earthquake. They were going out because they were supposed to - it was past 5 in the afternoon, the sun is slowly setting in, and the moon is peeking out. But me? I am one of the few people who are walking towards the campus to attend my class. It has been like this for that past few weeks since the classes started but maybe I was just so preoccupied that I was not able to pay attention to it until today. And as I was walking, a very common Filipino line (from a movie) occurred to me, "Papunta ka pa lang, pabalik na ako." Rephrasing the line, I then kept telling myself, "Pauwi na sila, papasok pa lang ako."

I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this #hugot (hashtag hugot) line. Not only graduate students who have classes at night but also those whose work is scheduled in American/Western time (usually BPO employees).

Time has changed, indeed. Not even the setting of the sun can dictate what we should or should not be doing. Not even the appearance of the moon can tell us that we must sleep.

But when it comes to sleeping, all I can say is:



http://img.ifcdn.com/images/a3e78c5e80268fd827b10aa149591d8b92214ec502e5a9a1740f4438ac6e92ac_1.jpg


Peace.Love.Happiness.


No comments: